Hello there! My days have been really busy…but even then one needs to eat a proper meal sometimes. So today I made this really quick and delicious fried rice and thought I’d share it with you.
RECIPE FOR AN ASIAN-STYLE FRIED RICE WITH SNOW PEAS AND TOFU
2 cups cooked rice (cooled and fluffed)
1 generous handful snow peas
100 gms tofu (any flavour you like, mine had almonds in it) cubed
Note-if you are using plain then toss the cubes in some soy sauce first
2 tsp shoyu soya sauce
2 tsp Thai fish sauce (optional. For vegetarian, substitute with 2 tsp of soya sauce and add a clove of garlic, chopped)
1/2 tsp chopped red chillies (as hot as you like, bird’s eye, habanero, whatever)
1 tsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp peanut oil or any other oil
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok.
- Fry the cubes of tofu for a couple of minutes
- Add the ginger and chillies, and garlic if using
- Saute for a minute or two.
- Add the rice, sauces and stir carefully
- When heated through, add the peas
- Toss carefully until the snow-peas are bright green.
- Check seasoning and serve immediately.
Now enjoy the fried rice while looking at these two pictures
These pictures are from our trip to the mountains “near” Bangalore, a place called Chikmagalur. Our coffee estate was on one mountain and this was on the neighbouring mountain.